Salt+Vinegar

Some things just go together.

restaurant, retail & office revitalization

  • Up to 4,914 SF Restaurant/Retail space
    with ±4,000 SF patio; May be subdivided or expanded
  • Mixed use redevelopment with over 60,000 SF
    of creative office along W. Morehead corridor.
Enlarge Map Contact Leasing

The potato chip is a classic snack invented in the 1800s by George Crum.

While Crum came up with the idea all the way up in Saratoga Springs, New York, Charlotte has been home to more than a few potato chip makers over the years, including Frito Lay and Snyders-Lance, and Mitchum Quality Snacks.

We’re celebrating this delicious part of Charlotte’s history by naming the two buildings at 2001 W. Morehead Street “Salt & Vinegar.” Besides being our favorite type of potato chip, its lighthearted name acts as a demonstration of our vision for the property, which has been around since 1955. Through adaptive reuse, we’ll get to keep a classic intact, but make it even better than it was before.

2001 W. Morehead functioned originally as the factory for Mitchum Quality Snacks.

Mitchum was a snack food company that specialized in producing high-quality potato chips. At its height, the factory produced 2,000 pounds of chips each hour, bagging and distributing them to stores throughout the Southeast, the Caribbean, and Mexico. More recently, it was home to The Potato Sack, a flea market meets pop-up showroom concept. In continued celebration of its snack food past, White Point Partners has named the two buildings that sit on the property Salt and Vinegar.

Remaking a classic.

OFFICE

Charley Leavitt
Jones Lang LaSalle
charley.leavitt@am.jll.com
(704) 927-3002

RETAIL

Matt McLanahan
White Point Partners
matt@whitepointpartners.com
(704) 761-6612